Saturday, June 25, 2011

DIY Spa


So yesterday after cleaning house and a great workout, I felt sweaty and grimy, and decided to treat myself with a few spa treatments in the afternoon. Over the past year or so I have picked up some great "kitchen beauty" tips that I have come to absolutely swear by:

Lemon juice makes for a great toner

When shaving my legs, I always use conditioner instead of shaving cream around my knees. It's super smooth and I have never nicked myself.

If my eyes are puffy in the morning, I lay down with a bag of frozen peas or corn. Since they're small, the bag conforms to my eyes better than one of those gel masks or an ice bag.

A great face/body scrub can be made just by adding a few tablespoons of warm water to some white granulated sugar. Be extra kind to yourself by removing it all with a warm washcloth- wet a cloth and pop it in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds!

Another body scrub recipe is to mix brown sugar and white sugar with some olive oil. Super exfoliating and smells yummy!

Honey is a great moisturizer- spread it on your face, elbows, or knees, and leave for about 30 minutes. Just be careful, it can get messy and drippy! Rinse off and you will be as soft as a baby's bottom, no lie.

The best face mask I use is egg white with a few drops of lemon juice. I leave it on for 15-20 minutes, and my pores are smaller, my skin is tighter, and my face looks all over rejuvenated. So great, I do it every week!

Another last tip I picked up is that lotion is a great eye-makeup remover, especially if you don't want to have to pack yet another small bottle when you're traveling. Just put a dab on a washcloth and it works like magic.

Everyone treat themselves tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment