Saturday, November 6, 2010

Why I Love Philadelphia

This past summer my parents and I spent a day in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Having grown up watching Boy Meets World, I was already excited, but I absolutely fell head over heels for this city. It's rich history and modern-day vibrancy make it absolutely inspiring!

9. Fireman's Hall Museum: A great little piece of history right down the road from Elfreth's Alley!

8. Buffalo Exchange: A secondhand clothing store that values uniqueness and funkiness, so you can always find a treasure.

7. Elfreth's Alley: The oldest residential street in the US, just the whimsical sounding name
alone is enough to make me love it, and its charm in person is absolutely irresistable!

6. Rittenhouse Square: A charming little park area surrounded by fun
dining and
great shopping, and always filled with people-watching worthy walkers.

5. Home of Edgar Allen Poe: A new vacation tradition of my family and mine, visiting the homes of Edgar Allen Poe all up and down the northeast of the US.



4. Independence Hall: My mom got annoyed with Dad and I because we were more interested
to see all the places featured in National Treasure than what the tour guide was saying! They do still have the actual chair George Washington sat in during the Second Continental Congress.

3. National Liberty Museum: Celebrating the diversity that is America and encouraging us all to embrace each other with love and
acceptance.



2. Scoop Deville: Yummy, creamy frozen yogurt with any and every kind of topping mixed right in for a smooth, sinfully good treat!

1. Urban Outfitters Headquarters: Does this one really need any explanation?







And things I will be sure to do on my next (hopefully soon!) visit: Eat another cheesesteak and a big ol' Philly pretzel! Go on a spooky ghost tour. Visit the Philadelphia Museum of Art (we missed the Renoir exhibit!) The Dream Garden glass mosaic off of Washington Square. Go to a Phillies game of course. Jam on the River Festival (A New-Orleans style party migrates up north!)

No comments:

Post a Comment