Thursday, June 3, 2010

Fashion + Function

One of the things I love about fashion is finding the quirky, funky, cool things amidst all the hustle and bustle. A perfect example is convertible clothing. I can remember being about 11, standing in front of my mirror with a silk scarf and trying to find all the different ways to wear it as a shirt (which reminds me, I should do a post on that! coming soon...) Just being creative and reinventing something is always a sure way to reinvent your wardrobe. Now there are pieces being manufactured specifically for such purposes. Here are some of my favorites:
Victoria's Secret Flirty Convertible Dress

















American Apparel's LeSac Dress--a personal favorite of mine!





The Swacket from Harputs














And Free People's Convertible Over-the-Knee Boots--another fave! I wore mine literally practically every day this winter before our blizzard, and resumed my religious wearing as soon as the sidewalks were safe for them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment