Friday, June 4, 2010

Sugar High


So for the first time 3 weeks into summer break, today I finally felt like I was on vacation! I went to the pool for the morning and early afternoon, came home and did a nice long yoga session, and decided to pamper myself too! I browsed online and found two great homemade body scrub recipes.

This brown-sugar based one I made today: Kahlua Sugar Scrub (#3 on the list). Sooo good! Given the "softness" brown sugar tends to have versus granulated white sugar, I was skeptical, but the blend made it very effective. My skin is now buffed and smooth as a baby. This recipe does make enough for a good few treatments, so I've saved mine in an old peanut butter jar. But you could always make smaller batches, just make sure the sugar:oil ratio is 2:1.

When that batch is done, I have another scrub I want to try out: a Coffee Body Scrub. The bonus in this one is that the caffeine in coffee reduces the appearance of cellulite! Plus I can carry the aroma of a Starbucks with me wherever I go (okay, hopefully not).

If you start looking around for other recipes, you will find a lot of them suggest adding essential oils for scents. Another option you have could be to add a bit of perfume instead. Just not body splash though--that's too watered down to really add anything without diluting the mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment