Monday, March 1, 2010

Fast Fashion Forecast

So during my lunch break I have been perusing the slideshows from fashion week in Milan and thought I would give all of you some tips on what to look for this coming fall.  

1. There is an overwhelming amount of retro!  Think 40s/50s secretaries and the 70s looks one would find in The Graduate (especially in the Berkley campus scenes!).  Stemming from this trend are the points of menswear and exquisite tailoring and fitting.
2. For outerwear, a classic double breasted coat would be a key investment to keep things fashionable.  But that is always good advice! To be a little bit more on the wild side, experiment with capes or more billowy, open pieces that dare with asymmetry and may appear in fabrics that showcase a metallic sheen.  Another thing to bundle up in may be sweaters that fall off the shoulder into delicious folds.
3. For the most part, colors stay in the neutrals with mostly blacks and some browns, depending on the designer.  When choosing to play with hues, however, most designers turned to the primary colors of true reds and yellows.
4.  VELVET!!! This was hard to miss.  So if you find a wrap, dress, pant, any such thing, in velvet, buy it and you will be good to go   :)

One other thing I should mention is that the tights seem to be gone. I know, I'm sad too.  They were such an easy thing to warm me up without constricting me to days on end of jeans.  But it is the fashion cycle after all, so we shall see them once again sometime.

And sorry I couldn't really post many pictures.  The looks are very new and recent, so there is still copyrights galore about them!  

No comments:

Post a Comment