Thursday, March 11, 2010

Where Am I Going?

So the first question I always seem to get when I tell people I major in fashion is "So I guess you want to start your own line, huh?"  And about 95% of the time they throw in a remark about starting an expensive, or "overpriced" line.  But there is such a myriad of opportunities in my field!  In my class at Virginia Tech we have future buyers, event coordinators, designers, boutique owners, PR reps, magazine editors, fashion columnists, trade association workers, creative directors, personal stylists, and the list is endless!  Here are a few of my dream careers.  Sure, some of them may seem like sky-high goals, but since when has my breed ever been one to think inside the lines?

1. Wardrobe Stylist for CW's Gossip Girl:  Duh, what girl wouldn't jump
 at the chance to walk through this costume closet?  I love styling anyone and everyone, if you ask me to take you shopping, trust me you have no idea what you are in for!  And this cast has so many fun characters with distinctive personalities, it would be an honor to help illustrate them!



2. Co-host on E!'s Fashion Police:  As evidenced by my blog, I always
 have a lot to say in the world of fashion and style. So why would I turn down such a great platform for doing what I do every day anyways?



3. Designing Band Tees:  I LOVE music.  Seriously, my iPod is on 24/7 and in yoga, when envisioning my happy place, it's a concert with standing room only.  And to be able to contribute to the branding of the bands and musicians I love, *sigh*, priceless!






4. Wings Designer for Victoria's Secret:  No joke. I have been saying this for years.  Their annual fashion show is the jaw-dropping event of my year.  Anyone who watches it with me can attest to that.  And if you happen to have the misfortune of watching it with me while I'm DVR-ing it...trust me we are going to watch each walk about 3 times.  And my dad has always been joking that I could pick up a second major in Engineering.  Well...maybe so!

No comments:

Post a Comment